The skill of being able to edit a photo is a must for anyone fluent in technology. It can help speed up the process of uploading photos for a project, correcting mistakes, and even help "spice" up the mundane. While newer computers might come with a photo editing app (iPhoto, Preview, etc.), not all of them do. Some sites are better than others. Additionally there are many Chrome Extensions that contain photo editing and do a great job!
- Aviary is one of the best online suites on the web for doing lots of multimedia things, one being editing photos. Not only does it have an educational portal, but it has browser extensions, and a very nice user i
- An excellent free online photo editor with lots of options to choose from such as touch-ups, effects, etc.
- Another great website for editing photos that allows users to draw, crop, and paint.
- A nice site for converting, resizing, or rotating an image.
- A great site for uploading a photo and then editing it with a bunch of tools such as text, drawing, or paint.
- A site that is similar to iPiccy for adding effects to an image.
- An easy site to use to upload a photo from a computer or social networking site and then edit by adding images or text.
- A site similar to Fix Picture where a user can crop, resize, rotate, or adjust a photo.
- is an Photoshopesque online platform for people who like to draw and work with online art. you can create animated drawings using
. watch how others draw with
ollaborate with other artists in real time using
, and e
mbed your animated drawings in your blog or website using the
Queeky Art Player
- One of the most popular and oldest online photo editors around. Sumo Paint has lots of nice tools for editing a photo such as brush, shapes, and crop, and looks a lot like
- A great site, similar to Sumo Paint, that allows users to edit photos and adjust pixels and layers as well.
Flickr - Creative Commons
- Many Flickr users upload their photos under a Creative Commons license. This is an alternative license that supports the legal uses of digital media that maximizes digital creativity, sharing and innovation.
- Classroom appropriate pictures with a friendly license for use.
World Images Kiosk
is maintained by the California State University Image Project. Over 80,000 images to that can be used for students and teachers. Great place to get images for multimedia projects.
For access to more photo and image manipulation tools see the link for
125 Creative and Useful Imaging Websites
Contributions to https://learningcanbefun.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution No-Derivative-Works Non-Commercial 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2017 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world
Turn off "Getting Started"