Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
75 Imaging Websites
Fun Video Projects
Interactive Math Resources
Online Course Development
Managing Online Textbook
Project Based Learning
QR Codes In the Classroom
Virtual Field Trips
Soc. Studies Resources
Online Textbooks, Books & Courses
Web 2.0 TOOLS
Flash Card Makers
Formative Assessment Tools
Other Teacher Resources
Photo Editing / Sharing
Top 10 Websites for Teachers
Other Great Wikis:
AVS Video Editor
- At this site download free video editing software.
upload a video - Animoto analyses the video, feels the music, customizes the video.
View and create interactive video. Convert videos from across the web into interactive videos. Share your interactive videos on Asterpix, blogs, social network profile pages or other websites.
Add text, speech bubbles, images, subtitles, and even your commentary from a web cam to any video. Embed onto your own website.
Offer viewers a transcript to read with Youtube videos. Create and edit closed captions in multiple languages. Export captions and upload them to your YouTube account.
Create own cool videos clips with favorite popular music in top quality. Select the music, add your own photos or images or videos and generate automated professional film cuts and animations.
YouTube videos you feel would be enjoyable for your children. These have been vetted by teachers and parents to bring a safe environment to watch some of our favorite movies for children aged 2 - 10yrs of age
, is a way to easily create animations and slideshows.
See thousands of videos translated everyday here. You can upload your video and help translate it into multiple languages.
Make a movie in a few simple steps. Use customized themes and characters.
Comprehensive, client-free online video messaging platform ideal for both personal and business communications. Can embed into any website.
Free account includes video player, high-quality playback, support for all major video formats, contextual ads that keep it free, 25 uploads, 500 streams/month.
Upload your media, grab shared media, create and remix movies, publish to your friends, share with the world.
- Upload your photos and video - edit online.
Make your online video interactive, collaborative and engaging. Easily customizable set of widgets that seamlessly integrate into video applications on web platforms of any kind. Publishers can deploy existing widgets and apps or take advantage of open architecture in order to develop new ones.
is a great places for students K-8 to create their own stories, movies, pictures and more. To create animated movies, select "create a movie," select a scene, add characters, actions and more. Lesson ideas and
Sample Kerpoof Project:
Life Cycle of a Butterfly
(Make a Picture),
A destination for kids to safely watch videos online. Each video has been screened before making it onto the site.
Instructional website to help teachers and students to use video production in class. Includes scripting, making the video, editing and showtime.
Mix your own videos and photos, with library of video clips from BBC Motion Gallery, Rip Curl and more. Mash together using our simple studio, then add some words, music and special effects.
- Redesign of the popular video/presentation site Shwup. This site is very easy to use and has a nice polished look and great for creating projects with photos and videos. Best of all, Muvee Cloud is free for educators and students.
One True Media
Mix photos with video and add effects for outstanding presentation
Easily create and synchronize your subtitles to any online video, store them on the Overstream server, and send the link to the subtitled video overstream to your friends, or embed on your website.
Upload your digital movie files. Free to 10GB. Access, organize, edit and archive all of your movies. Remix and share online.
Record yourself live just with a microphone and a web camera, and share it with your friends. You can also comment with video/audio to a web page you are viewing
An easy way to share your favorite parts of videos you like. Just enter the URL and crop.
Choose your design. Add photos, videos, words, music. Email, blog or print it.
Allows you to isolate an interesting tidbit from a YouTube video and provides you with a link to share it with your family, friends, and colleagues.
Create your own videos, enhance anything on Youtube, and remake other blends.
web service that turns your pictures, videos and text into professional videos.
The home of web video professional subtitles. Anyone with web video (publishers, broadcasters, bloggers) can easily have subtitles and voiceover added in any language to their video. The viewer can choose the language directly from the video (just like the menu on a DVD).
Find the video you want to chop. Select & cut interesting part of the video. Share it with friends.
Fast layout and customization of photos, video, text and music. Add media hotspots, narrate interactivity. Publish to any webpage.
- Upload your video and support notes, images, etc. View on double presentation screens. Publish to any webpage.
- Use this tool to help with editing -- upload a video file and type in annotations as you watch!
- This site enables students to upload and edit their videos. It requires an account, but it’s free.
If you can type, you can make movies. Make animations from preset characters. Put in own actions and script.
Easily "embed" pictures, logos, and videos within your own videos.
Record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into Streaming Flash videos.
This screen capture tool records your screen and audio, allows editing, and makes it easy to share the result. No cost, but an account is required.
Designed to record anything on your screen, instantly — both audio, and video!
Snap a picture of anything on your desktop, or record video of what you do or what you see. Upload and share online.
- a free web based site for screen capturing. View discussion:
How are you Using Screencasting to Teach?
An easy to use screencaster with audio. Launch the screencast recorder and record a screencast directly from your browser. Nothing to install. Can embed or get link to share.
Make screencasts / tutorials / demos / high-scores show-offs. Record your screen in one click. No download. Compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux. Share videos on the Internet in Flash. Embed them on blogs/webpages or send them by email.
- Not free, but free 30 day trial available. Worth the money.Capture screen activity, video the participant’s reactions, record the participant’s voice. Add chapter markers on the fly, control recording with the remote, export to Quicktime
Audio/Video collaboration tool for virtual meetings with live video, voice and text.
Free v-room with up to 3 people for video conference and interactive meetings.
Have a face-to-face video chat with friends, family or colleagues, no matter where they are in the world. Download and install for free
Collaboration tool enabling virtual teams to communicate effectively through video and across time zones.
Free web conferencing allows anyone, anywhere to instantly share their desktop and ideas online with others. Desktop sharing and online meetings.
Video Sharing Sites
5min Life Videopedia
- instructional and how-to videos
- Thousands of video lectures from the world's top scholars
- next generation TV network
- videos on all topics
- The instructional video network
- How-to videos
- A fun, innovative, learning environment built around video from the NBC News Archives
- Make, HowTo and DIY
- Faculty are using iTunes U to distribute digital lessons to their students, e.g Stanford, Trinity College Dublin, etc.
- Documentaries and educational videos
- Video instructional marketplace and publishing platform (Some free)
- HowTo videos
- free educational videos and lessons for K-12 school kids
free web service that makes the best of public media digital content and resources -- from programs like
NOVA, Frontline, American Experience,
Sid the Science Kid
--available for teachers to engage today's students in learning. The resource collection includes short video clips, audio, interactive resources, and more. Some of the resources are free, some are not.
- 3,500 video titles available
- provides students and educators with a safe, world class, video sharing webiste
- a flexible video platform
- learn virtually everything by watching how to videos from all over the web.
- educational videos
is a free digital media service for educational use from public broadcasting and its partners. You’ll find thousands of media resources, support materials, and tools for classroom lessons, individualized learning programs, and teacher professional learning communities.
TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design)
- a clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the world's most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other.
- How to videos
- watch live broadcasts, explore networks ranging from music, talk shows, sports and politics and/or review our past broadcasts.
- Life explained. On film.
- a thriving community of people who love to make and share videos
- An excellent place to find free educational videos for students. This is a very easy site to navigate as everything is categorized by subject and rated for age appropriate levels. An excellent place to find free educational videos for students. This is a very easy site to navigate as everything is categorized by subject and rated for age appropriate levels.
- videos on everything under the sun
- aggregates all the videos from more than 100 institutions of higher education around the US.
Any Video Converter
- Would you like your video to be in a different format? Use the free version of this product to convert it.
- An online conversion tool to convert media.
free download-able program which converts media files from internet.
: convert media from one format to another
: inexpensive, online video encoder.
Convert Video files You-Tube
: free tool that lets you create whiteboard style lectures and save as Flash. Here’s a
- this is the quickest and easiest audio, video, image, document, ebook, and archive converter I've found.
- site where you can edit videos online for free...no need for a download or for additional software.
Oxelon Media Converter - Free -
Free video converter and audio converter. Supports many formats and codecs. Context menu allows to convert files right from Windows Explorer.
KICK You Tube - If you find a video you like on youtube and start playing it you can go up to the url and type the words kick into the url right before the word youtube. This will take you to another site that will give you different way to convert the file and download it to your desktop.
: free screencasting tool; great for tutorials and simple software demos.
has a simplified Universal Player Encoder and render-er. If you need a simple, yet very efficient tool to convert (encode) or play any Multimedia file, without reading manuals or spending long hours training, then SUPER © is all you need.It is a Multimedia Encoder and a Multimedia Player, easy-to-use with one simple click. .
Preview Flash content on your computer:
Remove distracting and offensive elements around YouTube video, and crop the video before sharing it with others
Remove distracting and offensive elements around YouTube video, and crop the video before sharing it with others
Windows Live Movie Maker
: free and simple-to-use video editor.
supports conversion between a wide variety of different file formats in the categories of documents, images, music, video, ebook, compressed files and CAD. The free version has a file size limit of 100MB. Paid accounts support up to 1GB file sizes.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"