Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
75 Imaging Websites
Fun Video Projects
Interactive Math Resources
Online Course Development
Managing Online Textbook
Project Based Learning
QR Codes In the Classroom
Virtual Field Trips
Soc. Studies Resources
Online Textbooks, Books & Courses
Web 2.0 TOOLS
Flash Card Makers
Formative Assessment Tools
Other Teacher Resources
Photo Editing / Sharing
Top 10 Websites for Teachers
Other Great Wikis:
Virtual Field Trips
virtual field trips
25 Awesome Virtual Learning Experiences Online
Google Maps with Street View lets you explore places around the world through 360-degree street-level imagery. You can explore world landmarks, view natural wonders, navigate a trip, go inside restaurants and small businesses - and now even visit the Amazon! Get a
browse the gallery
to see collections from around the world.
Additionally, you can virtually visit
17 Museums in Street View
and see incredible art around the world.
7 Wonders Panoramas
- 360-degree views of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Arounder Virtual Tour of the Moon
- 360-degree panoramic views of the moon, courtesy of the Apollo 11, 12 and 17 missions. (Many other Earth locations also available on
Connected Classrooms Map
This map shows all of the teachers and partners in connected classrooms including museums, classrooms, aquariums, magazines, etc. It's a great resource if you're starting to get connected.
- A virtual art gallery from Athens, Greece that allows you to explore paintings by rolling your mouse over them.
- Explore the geography of both land and sea (free download).
Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Vital Signs: Understanding Cardiovascular Diseases
- A virtual gallery teaching about heart disease.
Louvre Virtual Tour
- Virtual tour of the world-famous Louvre museum in Paris.
Mount St. Helens 360
- See how the volcano Mount St. Helens changed in the three-year span between 2003 and 2006 with these 360-degree panoramas.
Mount Vernon Virtual Mansion Tour
- Virtual tour of George Washington’s home, Mount Vernon.
The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago
- Enjoy 360-degree views of galleries showcasing Egyptian, Assyrian, Mesopotamian and Persian cultures
Rare Book Room
- A virtual library that allows you to not only view but read hundreds of rare and historical copies of books, from Shakespeare to Galileo.
Smithsonian National Museum of National History Virtual Tour
- Take a virtual walking tour of the entire Smithsonian National Museum of National History.
Smithsonian National Museum of National History Dinosaur Tour
- A virtual tour of dinosaur fossils.
Smithsonian National Museum of National History Dinosaur Dig
- An interactive virtual archaeological dig for dinosaur bones.
Supreme Court Tour
- A 360-degree exploration of the U.S. Supreme Court building.
Taj Mahal Virtual Tour
- Virtual tour of the Taj Mahal, featuring 360-degree panoramas.
Tour of Colonial Williamsburg
- A virtual tour of Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia.
UAE Interact Virtual Museum
- A virtual museum exploring the history of the United Arab Emirates through ancient artifacts like stoneware, jewelry, weapons, tools and coins.
US Capitol Virtual Tour
- Virtual tour of the US Capitol, with clickable areas to learn more about the building’s history.
A Virtual Journey into the Universe
- Explore our solar system with a variety of interactive tools (no jokes about what lies in the interior of Uranus).
Virtual Museum of Iraq
- Discover the history of Iraq through eight museum halls full of artifacts.
The Virtual Museum of Traditional Japanese Arts
- Wander down virtual hallways to explore traditional Japanese arts, from fine arts to martial arts.
Virtual Tour of Rio de Janeiro
- An amazing 3-D aerial virtual tour of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Detailed, dynamic 3-D views of all the systems in the human body (7-day free trial).
Virtual Worlds Almanac
- A guide to online “virtual worlds,” most with educational value.
Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society Life-Size Blue Whale
- Feel what it’s like to swim alongside a blue whale.
Creating Virtual Museums
Article on creating Virtual Field Trips using PowerPoint
- This articles gives ideas and examples of how to use PowerPoint to have students create their Virtual Museum.
//Creating// a //Virtual Museum// in Microsoft PowerPoint - YouTube
Oct 29, 2010 –
A quick how to video from my presentation at NCCAT C2YF. Visit
for more information
- This site provides the tools for you to build up an argument or description of an event, person or historical period by placing items in a virtual box.
My Personal Museum
is your space to collect, interpret and exhibit. Create your own personal museum around a theme, an artist, or your favourite objects. It's also great for school projects.
- find and collect your favorite exhibits and artifacts from virtual museum.ca and create your own Museum Space. For you to save, enjoy, and share.
- become an online curator of your own topic. This website allows you to create a virtual museum by curating whatever topic you would like to convey.
- use Scratch to make Your Own Virtual Museum!
- Utilize Tourweaver to create virtual tours of museums - Although not a free program, there is a
The Tech Virtual Museum
- create your own museum project from The Tech or search through other projects created by others.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"